Published May 6th, 2015
We received a question from a customer wondering if we had any shoes specifically designed for heavier people who wear out their shoes faster.
The answer is no, not specifically for weight, but this is our thinking:
The environment in which the person works is the first thing we look at, it’s important for us to understand the working conditions and tasks before we can advise which of our models is the most suitable. Does your work require safety toe caps and /or nail protection? Maybe you need heat resistant footwear, and slip resistant outsoles?
If we were to recommend a safety shoe (i.e with a toe cap), in low model it would be Arbesko 382, for the following reasons:
• A shoe with nail protection and aluminium toe cap
• A very spacious last
• An insole with a steel shank for extra arch support
• Asymetrix functional sole which is hardwearing and not too soft – and has a nitrile rubber heel.
• A combination of the X-40 Duo insert and the Energy Gel® 2.0 gel cushion in the heel for maximum shock absorption, resilience and sense of rebound.
Arbesko 382 also features:
• Scuff guard on the toe
• Hardwearing microfiber at the back
• Airy mesh lining
• An upper made of impregnated, full grain Super8 leather and durable Cordura®
Remember that a lace up shoe should be done up properly for a secure fit around the foot.